Haslingfield Christians are offering a Week of Prayer to our village from 5th-11th March 2014.
Haslingfield Christians includes All Saints’ Parish Church, the Methodist Church, Roman Catholic House Group and Christians who worship at other churches in the city and in other villages.
There will be 9 places in the village for you to ‘Pause and Ponder’. If you are unable to join the Guided Walk on the 8th March, just walk around the village and pause at each one a moment to read and reflect.
We want to pray with you, and for you, as we seek to strengthen our community and support each other.
Throughout the Week of Prayer:
All Saints’ Church will be open as usual – inside you will find aids to reflection and prayer; some of our praying will be still and silent, some will be creative and expressive.
As you walk around Haslingfield during our Week of Prayer you will find invitations at familiar spots to pause, ponder and pray.
If you have any requests for prayer, please drop a note in to either church. You do not have to include your name and address and the requests may be personal or general. We will pray in response to these requests at the public services, to which everyone is invited.
During the Week we have six programmed events
- Ash Wednesday service – 5th March at 4:30-5:30pm, All Saints’ Church.
- Thursday 6th March – 6:30-7:30pm home prayer meeting at 10 The Meadows.
- Women’s World Day of Prayer celebration – Friday 7th March, 6:30-7.30pm, in the Methodist Church.
- Saturday 8th March as the village prayer guided walk takes us on a journey around Haslingfield of about two miles. We gather at the Methodist Church at 9:55am. You can join or leave the walk at any of the 9 stops – see below for details
- Sunday 9th March 6:30pm, Methodist Church – “Songs of Prayer” service.
- Tuesday 11th March 6:30-7:30pm, Methodist Church – “Taizé worship”, music and meditation, organised by Haslingfield Roman Catholic House Group.
- Village Prayer Guided Walk on 8th March – Prayer Stops are as follows…..
10am Village sign
10:15am Nature trail
10:20am Church gate
10:35am Chapel Hill
11:15am Playing fields (coffee break)
11:45am Field by river
12noon Cantelupe Road
12:15pm Methodist Church & light lunch