Charity Fair – 19 November, 11.00 am-2.30 pm, Haslingfield Methodist Church
It looks as though this year’s Charity Fair will be as good as ever. 15 National and Local charities will be having stalls where you can buy your Christmas cards, books, Christmas Puddings, preserves, gifts, plants etc. 3 of these charities are new to our fair. During the day, delicious homemade food will be available, including light lunches. Something for everyone!
A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO DO SOME EARLY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING WHILE FINDING OUT ABOUT THE GREAT WORK DONE BY THESE CHARITIES.
Find out more about this year’s stallholders…
“Action for Children” will be displaying details of a new, exciting project in Harston, where you may be able to help.
Don’t forget that this is your last chance to give in your Operation Christmas Child shoebox.
Here is a full list of this year’s stallholders:
- Mercy Ships (Hospital ship providing free life-saving surgery for people where medical care is almost non-existent)
- Camsight (Supports and improves the life of visually impaired people of all ages)
- Menelik (Supports communities and helps educate children in the Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- Arthur Rank Hospice (Provides specialist palliative care)
- Traidcraft (Selling fair trade goods, running life-changing development and campaigning for trade justice)
- UNCLE (Supporting Orphans and their carers in Nepal)
- Action for Children (Supports vulnerable children and is planning an exciting local project)
- Rethink (Promotes better mental health for all )
- Motor Neurone Disease Association (Funds and promotes research into the condition)
- Fight against Blindness (Helping children with sight loss, and their families)
- Tommys (Funding research into causes and prevention of stillbirth and miscarriage)
- Little Owls (Our village pre-school)
- Alzheimers Research (Research into prevention, treatment and cure for the disease)
- Operation Christmas Child (Filling, and sending, a shoebox to children who are victims of war, poverty, famine, disease and natural disasters)
- Macmillan Cancer Support (Providing practical, medical and financial support for better cancer care)