Minutes for Parish Council meeting 12th November

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  HASLINGFIELD PARISH  COUNCIL

Minutes of meeting held on Monday November 12th 2012

 Present –, Lucian Hatfield, Christine Kipping, John Offord, Rebecca Ridley, Roger Scott, Wendy Timbs , Ron van der Hoorn, John Wheelhouse

        There were 3 members of the public present

     1      Apologies for absence –Julie Coxall, Robin Page, Sebastian Kindersley

2      Members Declaration of Interest – RS re planning application  RR re application for tree work

    3      Open Forum – Mr and Mrs Ward from Field Cottage, Harston Road drew attention to the problems of speeding traffic past their house.  This was noted and referred to RS

4     Minutes of meeting held on October 17th were agreed and signed with the amended spelling of  Peter Haines name

5    Matters to be reported from these minutes – Connections bus report to be considered by finance

       Committee in December

       WT to contact Martin Heazell re footpath plan

       Damaged slide – insurance company have given go ahead for the repair.  Playground services to be     asked to strengthen the slide

6            Confirmation of decisions made since last meeting – None

7            Planning  – S/2158/12/FL – Porch, gates & gate piers, garden and landscaping, greenhouse, kennels, shed at Cantelupe Farmhouse  – recommended

S/2244/12.FL – Conservatory at 40 Broad Lane – recommended

C/11/40/045 – tree work at Stearnes FarmHouse, High St – recommended

                        Tree work at 13 Broad Lane – recommended

Permission given by SCDC for


a          retrofitting of the external appearance of 2 The Hemlocks

b          alteration and conversion of building into two, two bedroom holiday lets Grove Farm, Church St

c          removal of an existing lean-to-out building and the construction of two small extensions

            6 Fountain Lane

d          extension to garage and conversion to habitable room, 24 Trinity Close      

e          convert existing flat roof to shallow, single pitch roof, replacement door and windows

            Hillside Farmhouse, School Lane


Permission refused by SCDC for

a          single storey extension, alterations, erection of garage and gates at 46 Barton Road

b          demolition, single storey extension and alterations, demolish lean to, extend to side and rear, alter partitions and reconstruct partition of W.C., install rooflights, 46 Barton Rd

The change of entrance to 50 Church St to be investigated with SCDC

8            Additional Matters for discussion  –  Decision to go ahead with repairs to skate park ramps

Winter Gritting Volunteers are being advertised for, 2 volunteers so far

Memorial to Olga Murkin to be discussed at January Meeting

RR reported that she has now been trained on Thermal Imaging apparatus

Martin Heazell to be asked to continue representing us at the CEMEX meetings

Liz Heazell attended the recent Public Transport meeting and has submitted a report. A meeting is to held by Liz of the regular bus users and a report will be sent

A request has been received for the names which appear on the war memorial to be researched. This to be directed to the village society

9            County Councillors Report –

During the cold months SCDC make provision for people sleeping rough, if you see anyone in this situation please contact the homelessness team at SCDC.  Researching your family tree – CCC has now uploaded over 2m records onto the internet which can be accessed via www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/community/bmd/certificate.  SCDC has arranged for council homes to be surveyed for asbestos.  Please get in touch with SCDC if you have not been contacted.

CEMEX have now started a community Consultation programme to find out what people would accept in terms of development at the quarry.  A series of community events will be held at Barrington during January for you to find out more.  There will be no difference to the gritting routes this winter with the exception of the restoration of Barton Road Haslingfield

following the repairs to the bridge.  The weight limit on the bridge is no longer in force and the signs will be removed shortly

10      District Councillors Report – None

11      Committee and Working party Reports

A – Environment  – No meeting.  There has been a set back with the wildflower seed sowing mainly caused by the wet weather.  Rob Mungovan SCDC Ecology Officer has advised delaying until next autumn.  Some flower seed sowing has taken place on the bonfire site

B – Pavilion  – Request for refurbishment of toilets, referred to finance committee

                         Solar panels are now working

C – Allotments – Ash trees along road side of Allotments – SCDC tree officer to be consulted on their policy  ( Policy will be issued on 14th November).  J Spain is not now retiring as secretary.  Several people have given up plots due to the bad summer this has eliminated the waiting list.

Bee keeping on the allotments is now being considered

D – Trumpington Meadows – another builder has been appointed for phase 2 of the site

E Police panel meeting – priorities for next quarter are tackling of road safety problems particularly speeding and obstructive parking focussing around schools at drop off and pick up times.  To target recent arson incidents in Gamlingay, and concerns raised in relation to the use of illegal drugs.

F –  Public Art –

      28 of the 82 gold bricks have been installed in some of the first built houses

      The Country Park – an installation based on the history of the area being an anglo-saxon

       burial ground is being prepared, other works would be large wooden planks set in grass slopes,

       which could be used for sitting on or walking along.

       The Primary School – A company has been appointed but is finding it difficult to access the



E – Play Area – Slide to be repaired

12    Correspondence  – new standing orders for local councils will be issued in Autumn 2013, this

        edition will update the entire revised 1st edition

        Village Society have received complaints about the new chairs – JW to reply to letter

    Meetings – 13 November SF health & well being etc  CK to attend

                        Tree planting at Haslingfield Diamond Wood Sat 17th November 10 – 12 noon

                        SF Forum Thursday December 6th

13       Review of traffic and parking problems in the village

It is intended to make road safety a priority for pedestrians and cyclists thus changing the emphasis from cars.  There will be a local consultation, and a formal proposal put to the February meeting of HPC.  Karen Lunn from CCC is assisting with costings

            Public meeting on December 5th  7 for 7.30 in the village hall

Coffee,  mince pies and wine will be served – (donated by councillors) council to arrive at 6.30pm to set room up

            RS to organise posters and fliers

            JO to move demonstration boards from Chapel

14       Trumpington Meadows Community Governance  – following much discussion it was proposed’

that an application for a community governance review be prepared and forwarded to SCDC after ratification by HPC.’  Proposed by JW seconded by JO carried nem con

15       Co-option of Parish Councillor – One application received from Bob Branch

Co-option was Prop by RS,  seconded by WT agreed nem con

16        Finance –

 Resolution to pay outstanding accounts proposed by JO seconded by WT 

     It was agreed that HPC payroll control should be carried out by Cambs ACRE from 1.1.13

Street lighting charges for period 1.4.11 to 31.3.12 will be £130.38


      Date of next meeting Monday December 10th 2012 at 7.30 pm in the Pavilion.



Trackback from your site.

Leave a comment