John Beresford the village archivist, has been posting highlights from the school diary for a few months now. He has now made a transcript of the entire diary available for download (its about 2MB), this covers what was happening in the school from 1874 through to 1975 and so it of great local interest. We hope you enjoy browsing through it.
Film: RANGO (PG)
Date: Friday 10th June, 2011
Venue: Haslingfield Primary School Hall
Time: 6.30pm – 8pm
Tickets: In advance from the school office or on the door.
Popcorn, snacks and drinks will be on sale. Funds raised will
go to the PTFA.
Venue: Haslingfield Primary School (in the School car park)
Date: Thursday 19th May, 2011
Time: From 16.30 to 18.30 hours
Booking: Either in advance at the school office (870457) or just come along and get your car cleaned
Cost: £3.00 per car
Music and refreshments available while you wait. All funds raised in aid of PTFA.
Minutes of meeting held on Monday May 9th 2011 Read more
Petersfield schools holiday club (Puffins) is running a holiday scheme on Tuesday 31st May to Thursday 2nd June of half term for children over the age of 3. Puffins is run by highly qualified and experienced staff. Facilities are based within Petersfield school (Orwell) and include access to school playing field, fully equipped kitchen, numerous toys and equipment. Read more
“Scrape the Barrel” folk group with Clive the Caller
Saturday May 14th, 7.00 – 10.30 pm
in All Saints’ Church, Haslingfield
(flat shoes to be worn!)
Youngsters’ Session at 7.00 pm, on the dot
Ploughman’s Supper 8.30 pm
Tickets from Haslingfield shops, or on the door
Adults £10.00, School age £5.00, under five’s free
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01223 871002
Royal occasions are invariably welcomed by schoolchildren, as they often mean time off. Even the sad ones often bring respite from normal lessons. The Haslingfield School Log Book provides plenty of examples of both.
Queen Victoria must have been particularly popular, with her large number of children and her longevity. The 21st of June 1887 was a public holiday, to celebrate her Golden Jubilee, and school finished early on the next day, so that children could attend the village celebration. Her achievement of a Diamond Jubilee ten years later brought three days’ holiday. In between, in July 1893, the future George V’s wedding was celebrated with a “school-treat”. His coronation in June 1911 merited a week’s holiday. Read more
Minutes of meeting held on Monday April 11th 2011 Read more
In March, the annual South Cambridgeshire Arts Awards took place. Haslingfield Little Theatre won the award for Contribution to Village Life for our plays, social events, Young Little Theatre, Youth Fund and Arts on Tour in Cambs, as well as our fund-raising several years ago for the Village Hall extension, which continues to be an extremely useful village facility. Read more
See tweets relating to Haslingfield under Village News / Twitter
Venue: Haslingfield Primary School
Date: Friday 29th April, 2011
Tickets: Available from the school office or the village shop
Price: £2 Adult, £1 Child or £5 Family
Bring a picnic/drinks and celebrate the royal wedding. There will be refreshments on sale and a cake stall. Family games will start at 1.30pm and the royal wedding will be shown. Profits to the PTFA.
Haslingfield and Eversdens (Gt Eversden, Lt Eversden, Harlton and Haslingfield).
- Total crime in Haslingfield has decreased from 15 offences in the previous period to 9 offences in this period. Offence levels have remained stable compared to the same period last year (8 offences).
- Two of the offences in this period have been detected.
- Due to low numbers no patterns or trends were noted. Read more
“Snap out of it”
A Travelogue in words and pictures
with Christopher & Janet South
Tuesday 19th April, 8.00 pm in Haslingfield Village Hall
- Sunday 10th April Rick and Dave will be playing at the pub at 6pm.
- Saturday 23rd April we have an Easter Egg Hunt with Peppa Pig at 12.30 and a Children’s Entertainer at 1.30. £1 entry for the Egg hunt. All Children must be accompanied by an adult. We also hope to open our new Play equipment that day and get the bouncy castle out… weather permitting.
- Easter Sunday Lunch as usual and The Abba Queens will be performing between 4pm and 6pm.
- Friday 29th we will be having a garden party for the Royal wedding and will be showing the wedding on our large projection screen. We would like to make this a real family occasion with cakes and bunting and all that jazz!! Party starts at 11 o’clock, or whenever you arrive!