In March, the annual South Cambridgeshire Arts Awards took place. Haslingfield Little Theatre won the award for Contribution to Village Life for our plays, social events, Young Little Theatre, Youth Fund and Arts on Tour in Cambs, as well as our fund-raising several years ago for the Village Hall extension, which continues to be an extremely useful village facility. Read more
See tweets relating to Haslingfield under Village News / Twitter
Venue: Haslingfield Primary School
Date: Friday 29th April, 2011
Tickets: Available from the school office or the village shop
Price: £2 Adult, £1 Child or £5 Family
Bring a picnic/drinks and celebrate the royal wedding. There will be refreshments on sale and a cake stall. Family games will start at 1.30pm and the royal wedding will be shown. Profits to the PTFA.
Haslingfield and Eversdens (Gt Eversden, Lt Eversden, Harlton and Haslingfield).
- Total crime in Haslingfield has decreased from 15 offences in the previous period to 9 offences in this period. Offence levels have remained stable compared to the same period last year (8 offences).
- Two of the offences in this period have been detected.
- Due to low numbers no patterns or trends were noted. Read more
“Snap out of it”
A Travelogue in words and pictures
with Christopher & Janet South
Tuesday 19th April, 8.00 pm in Haslingfield Village Hall
- Sunday 10th April Rick and Dave will be playing at the pub at 6pm.
- Saturday 23rd April we have an Easter Egg Hunt with Peppa Pig at 12.30 and a Children’s Entertainer at 1.30. £1 entry for the Egg hunt. All Children must be accompanied by an adult. We also hope to open our new Play equipment that day and get the bouncy castle out… weather permitting.
- Easter Sunday Lunch as usual and The Abba Queens will be performing between 4pm and 6pm.
- Friday 29th we will be having a garden party for the Royal wedding and will be showing the wedding on our large projection screen. We would like to make this a real family occasion with cakes and bunting and all that jazz!! Party starts at 11 o’clock, or whenever you arrive!
by Alice Showell of Haslingfield
Probably the earliest shop in Haslingfield was the one in Church St. opposite the Church, at the bottom of Chapel Hill. A shop here is shown in the 19th century censuses, owned by the Loveridge family. There was probably also a Post Office in the 19th century, but in Church St. and not at its present site.
We invite you to place an order for high quality bedding plants which we will deliver free to your doorstep. The plants are locally grown in a nursery in Harston – a great way to support a local grower and raise money for Haslingfield Playschool. Read more
A concert of Words and Songs
by poets and musicians sharing experiences of homelessness
Saturday April 9th, 3.00 – 5.00 pm, in Haslingfield Church
Tickets from Hasingfield shops, or on the door
Adults £3.00, school age FREE
All proceeds will go to Street Voices, a Talking in Tune community music project
Cambridgeshire County Council’s Trading Standards Service and Cambridgeshire Police have been receiving reports from concerned residents who have been called out of the blue by a security companies offering them an alarm system for their home. In some cases the sales person has refused to give company details, or have given a telephone number which is just an answerphone. Claims made by the salesmen suggest they are connected to the Police Service which is untrue. Read more
There will be a series of five discussion meetings organised by the Parish Church and the Methodist Church in Haslingfield on Friday evenings during Lent. They will be held in the Methodist Church building at 7.30pm, beginning on Friday 18th March 2011. Everyone welcome. Read more
Following on from last weekend’s successful History weekend and for those people that missed it, we are now in the process of adding well over a hundred historical photos from the Haslingfield Archive to the website.
The photographs have been provided by the archivist John Beresford and scanned into electronic form by Alan Jenyon. (We do have higher resolution versions of some of the images, but we have tried to make a good compromise between image quality and speed of response in viewing the images).
Minutes of meeting held on Monday March 14th 2011 Read more
Haslingfield Little Theatre is delighted to be supporting several youth members of the drama group in a performance of their Totally Improvised Musical on Friday, 1 April at 7.30 p.m. at Haslingfield Village Hall. Read more