HASLINGFIELD SCARECROW FESTIVAL
Just 6 weeks to go until the Scarecrow Festival Weekend! There’s going to be lots happening and plenty of opportunities to get involved. Find out the more about the events listed below from the Church and Village newsletter, the festival website www.haslingfieldscarecrowfestival.org or posters around the village.
- The Scarecrow Trail – there will be scarecrows displayed in gardens throughout Haslingfield over the festival weekend. If you’ve not thought about making a scarecrow yet, why not have a look at the step-by-step guide on the festival website?
- Edible Gardens – do you grow, or keep, your own fruit, veg or livestock? Why not show it off during the festival weekend?
- Dog Show – could you have the Best Dog In Haslingfield? Enter your dog into the competition and see if it’s a winner in one of the many classes.
- Produce Tent and Children’s Vegetable Competition – enter your homegrown produce into one of the competition categories.
- Church Fete including the Sunflower Growing Competition.
- Beer Tent on the Well House Meadow, with Tug o’ War and Wellie Wanging competitions.
- Art Exhibition in All Saints’ Church by local artists, including a Children’s Art Competition for the best scarecrow painting.
- Petanque Competition at the Little Rose.
- Evening Barbecue on Well House Meadow with bar, live music fireworks and ‘Best Lantern’ competition.
- Church Service.
- Classic Tractor Show with demonstrations and a Under 5s play area at Lesanna Farm.
- Enter your street, close, club or family in the Rounders Competition on the Recreation Ground.
- Ball Machine Competition at the Tennis Club.
- Teas and refreshments around the Scarecrow Trail.
- Why not set up a stall outside your home? You could sell your own produce, plants, arts and crafts etc.
If you would like to be one of the Festival Sponsors, to cover the costs of essential insurance and amenities for the weekend, please get in touch with:
Alix Robinson, 870167, email@example.com
Trackback from your site.